Monday, August 2, 2010

02.08.10

morning run:
Gracie
Bette
Truman
Rita
Gowron
Lily
Jack
(7)

Bit of a hiatus due to a variety of causes, mainly fatigue on all of our parts. Today I came back strong with a long one, and this was a good group. I didn't see for sure but I am fairly certain that Lily chased a Flamingo in no-man's land, so I put her on the leash and this time for a while; she was bad at first, but by the end of no-man's land she was running on the leash properly, and nobody did anything else worth mentioning. There were Flamingos again in the charcos just to the east of the Shire, and then out in no-man's land. No crabs, as it is starting to dry out again. Very pretty, very buggy. We had to double back on the beach from the pier to the maginot line because I didn't want to run into a gaggle of kids next to our house; the dogs would almost certainly have been fine, but I didn't have any energy left to deal with it if they weren't. Note to self: perhaps I should take in a little more than a handful of stale popcorn and a half a cup of coffee before running 10k.
GRADE: B

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!