Thursday, April 3, 2014

03.04.14

morning run:
Ginger
Gracie
Gowron
Frankie
Daisy
Xmul
Tori
Murci
(8)

Souther charcos, short version: ~7k. We took the middle path to the jeep berm instead of going all the way to the swimming hole; I honestly didn't want to see PupG drag herself gleefully through the muddy dreck that's left at the bottom of it now, cute though she might be. I left with Xmul on and Murci off but only until just over the land bridge to let her get her ya-yas out a little. I put her on the other end with Xmul and she was there for most of the run; she came off when we were farthest out but Xmul was on for the distance. We ran into the one fellow that is out there working next to the berm when nobody else is to be seen. I had my head up and put Murci on the other end of the leash before we got near him, reigned Tori in verbally and everyone behaved themselves as we went by him; I was even able to exchange pleasantries about the weather and the absence of mosquitoes. Murci is much better about dealing with people in the monte now but I wanted her to feel safe and she did well. There is still enough fresh water in the nearest charco for them to have a proper swim and I was glad to see PupG throw herself in off of the alt. land bridge coming home; she was disgusting at that point and managed to wash herself off pretty well.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!