Sunday, January 9, 2011

09.01.11

morning run:
Oscar
Otto
Archie
Chester
Truman
Rufus
Jack
Lily
(8)

Rufus was terrible at the gate, even with the harness. He was just too wound up, and even though he calmed down by the shrimpery intersection I left him on the leash for at least 3k. We did the same 13k route that the last group did, for much the same reasons. We saw nobody, but way out on the last bit of the long and winding road we heard someone running a salt loader in a nearby charco. Lily took off to investigate, and I sprinted to catch her, which really tired me out; we had probably run 8k by that point, and I felt noticeably crappier after that than I did before. We left and came home via the land bridge, which is drying out but still too wet to drive over. I had Lily on the leash for a couple of long stretches because she's getting too used to running ahead when she wants to. She was good about it, but she could've been better about waiting for me to get her on the leash. Jack is slowly getting the hang of drinking from the bottle.
GRADE: B

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!