Saturday, September 24, 2011

24.09.11

morning run:
Archie
Chester
Truman
Posey
Rufus
Ernie
Lily
Jack
(8)

Hidden trail the standard way: ~8k. Otto is still down with a twisted leg / ligament issue; he went to the vet yesterday because it was taking so long to heal up and X-rays revealed no serious damage, so it's just more rest for him. This group was really good the majority of the way. At the north/south intersection where the Au Soleil Couchant road splits there were some salt workers to the south who had a little white dog; Lily, Posey and Ernie ran over to say "hi" but returned quickly and didn't bark or behave aggressively. Everyone was fine then until we hit the northern end of the coco trail. There was a lot of barking to the west in the general direction of the HoJo and further north. It was faint and must've been far away; several of our dogs took off to investigate, but again I heard no barking from our troops and they came back within 30 seconds or so (feels like an eternity when you're just standing there getting bitten). I had a feeling that Truman and/or Posey would pull some kind of jack-rabbit routine right as we were getting home so I intended to put them on either end of the leash at the shrimpery; sadly, I forgot that I had put the broken collar on Posey a while ago, just so she'd have something on - I intended to fix it but forgot, so when I went to use it it didn't work very well. What I should've done at that point was switch Posey's and Truman's collars and put Posey on the hook, since she's the "bad" one, but instead I just left Truman on. Naturally when we got near our gate it was Posey that took off north. I was not pleased with her. She's going to have to be on the leash coming home for a while now. Other than that it was a nice run.
GRADE: B (I had to yell at them too many times for an A)

morning jaunt:
Floyd
(1)

Immediately after the runners were in I took Floyd around the cow pasture. He was really good and just wanted to walk half the way, mainly so he could eat that plant they all love that grows under tall bushes everywhere. We heard no barking at the end of the coco trail nor did we see anyone or anything else.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!