Wednesday, March 28, 2012

28.03.12

morning run:
Gowron
Monkey
Zoot
Mega
Lex
Petey
Steve McQueen
Amber
(8)

Hidden trail: ~8k. The tribe has been slowly getting more and more assertive and energetic on runs, so I decided today to try one of them on the leash while we were out there. The obvious choice was Mega, since he's always on point and jacking up the pace. At the turn to the hidden trail I put him on the bare leash (the new collars haven't arrived yet); predictably he did his best bucking bronco impersonation for a few seconds and was generally aghast at the idea but I worked with him for the rest of the run and he was doing well on the leash by the time we got home. As we got to doce a few soldiers were running south and four of the tribe saw them and gave chase for about 100m; I was not happy, but as I had Mega on the hook and still had the rest of my troops with me I just knelt down and called to them and they ran back. Sadly just as they were getting back to me a car came driving south on doce and two of them ran away from it in the wrong direction for a few meters. It passed, I gathered them all up and we went down to the beach, where Nicole, Xmul and gang were about 200m south of where we came out. Unfortunately Mega was freaking out when we got to the water because of the leash, and the sound of his voice brought Xmul and a couple of her buddies charging north to see us. There were some general hijinx and chasing back and forth but Nicole started walking south at that point and I called my charges north to me; I just let everyone swim in the surf for a few minutes to give her time to get far enough away and then we started towards Au Soleil Couchant, where we hit the monte again and came home via the coco trail. It was an eventful run but good for the most part and Mega turned out to be a pretty quick study on the leash. Five more to go.
GRADE: A

morning walks:
Henry
Bette
Daisy
Otto
Shirley
Bosha
Linda
Twiggy
(8)

Alex and Alex took these out for walks: (1) Henry, Bette, Daisy; (2) Otto, Shirley; (3) Bosha, Linda, Twiggy. They were just in the launchpad with Otto and Shirley as I was getting home with the tribe and getting everyone in and out went much more smoothly than I might've imagined. Everyone who went on walks obviously had a good time; Alex said that Bosha was even playing in the water and wagging her tail on the way home.
GRADE: A

morning swim:
Greta
(1)

I took Greta out while Alex and Alex were on their last walk; she swam until she was breathing heavily and had a good attitude about it... our little mermaid.
GRADE: A

evening walk:
Zasu
Miles
Henry
Alice
Reggie
Tito
(6)

Across the land bridge, over the road and by the tar-paper shack and back: ~2k. We left Alex and Alex with the rest of the pack while Roni and I took this bunch of for a stroll. Everyone did well on the walk and at home for the most part.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!