Tuesday, May 6, 2014

06.05.14

morning run:
Blue
Eve
Chester
Reggie
Frankie
Bosha
Xmul
Tori
Murci
(9)

Northern charcos: ~8k. This group was really wound up in the launchpad before we left. I had to restrain Murci under my arm to get Xmul hooked up; when i finally did open the gate we left like a shot - I lost my hat in the first 10m and just left it because I wanted to keep the momentum going. Everyone calmed down quickly and was together and listening to me by the time we were passing the shrimpery. Xmul stayed on the hook for the duration and was a good girl. She has definitely lost some of her puppy craziness, although none of her enthusiasm. This gives me hope for Murci who is similarly crazed; she's young and already listens better than Xmul did at that age. Murci was good off the leash the whole way as was everyone else. We swam a lot where we could; the swimming hole is still deep enough from the last rain to give them a little relief from the heat and they horsed around a lot in the water. Bosha has really improved; she no longer becomes aggressive at the gate before we leave and is maybe getting a little better at the act of running, odd as that might sound. She didn't seem so ungainly this time and really had fun with everyone. She'll also be tired today which is certainly welcome. Reggie is such an adorable little angel it almost seems unfair he's so large; he really had a great time. I had Tori on the other end of the leash by the time we got to the end of the dirty road and everyone followed me like ducklings down the last trail home, crossed the road together and went straight to the gate.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!