Sunday, May 11, 2014

11.05.14

morning run:
Truman
Posey
Daisy
Xmul
Luna
Steve McQueen
Hazel
Tori
Murci
(9)

Northern charcos: ~8k. McQueen threw himself into the mix of his own accord for the first time in a while; I was very happy to see it and made sure he didn't get aced out due to shenanigans before we left, which were many. Roni had to get the gate behind me and we really were moving at the beginning; they held up for me on the trail and stayed with me in general the whole way. We ran into two bird trappers on the dirty road on the way out; I didn't have the presence of mind to take their pictures but I did give them a stern reminder that it is illegal. We kept a high pace in stretches but there was a bit of screwing around and it wasn't our fastest run. Xmul was on the leash the whole way and everyone else was good loose. Steve McQueen had a good time running with Truman, whom he worships; Truman tolerated his adulation stoically. We hit the swimming hole in both directions; it is still deep enough in a couple of spots to at least horse around in and everyone enjoyed it. I put Hazel on the other end of the leash with Xmul on the dirty road coming home and made sure everyone stayed in line behind me on the final trail home.
GRADE: A

morning swim:
Greta
(1)

It was still calm at mid-day and the ocean didn't stink... I sure did after the run and some much-needed yard duty. I rinsed off and Greta swam like a little mermaid. Good girl.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!