Thursday, July 16, 2015

16.07.15

morning run:
Posey
Rufus
Elewah
Lily
Jack
Twiggy
Luna
MoMo
Hazel
(9)

The swimming hole via the beach: ~7k. My plan was to hit the beach at the tortuga sign, run north a few kilometers and turn around. This idea was scotched by several boatloads of fishermen just to the north of Au Soleil Couchant, so I took us into the monte there instead; Elewah and Luna thought about charging north to bark at the fishermen but turned around before they got there in response to my calls and we all headed east together. I decided to make up the distance by looping around the swimming hole, assuming there weren't any salt workers nearby. I was almost correct - it turns out there was a smallish group of them in the charcos just to the north of the palapa road where it runs into the road to no-man's land, and I was at pains to keep several of them out of the attendant filth, but it wasn't too awful. We crossed at the berm, hit the swimming hole (now swimmable) and came home the usual way via the cut-over. I hooked Rufus up at the shrimpery coming home (where I let him off heading out) and scooped Elewah up a few meters later to cut off any shenanigans. This worked perfectly except for the fact that a mototaxi driver was parked in front of our house as we came home; he came out to get a pill for his dog, who has sarna. Luna, Lily and Twiggy took this as an excuse to run down to the beach for a final dip, but it was no big deal... I could hardly blame them, it was hot. All in all a good run with a few surprises and good behavior for the most part.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!