Wednesday, July 22, 2015

22.07.15

morning run:
Frijolita*
Lily
Xmul
Mega
Lex
Steve McQueen
Hazel
Murci
Cookie
(9)

Southern charcos: ~7k. I thought the southern charcos might not have too many salt workers in them because they've hit them pretty hard in recent weeks, so we headed east to start with. About 50m east of the land bridge Frijolita ran into a branch that was sticking into the road; I was trying to avoid it myself but she wasn't paying any attention and slammed into it at speed, nearly taking me down in the process as I tried to avoid both it and her. She then got that hang-dog look, gave me a stare as though I had somehow been to blame and slunk off to go back home. I tried to reason with her but she'd have none of it; since she's done this one or two times before I knew she would just go home, and although I was upset it was the better part of valor to carry on. She didn't look wounded and when she gets that way there's no talking to her. It turns out she had a fairly long scratch on her chest from the encounter but she appears otherwise unharmed. The remaining eight carried on with me and had a good time. We ran the palapa road to the bag-end land bridge, hit the swimming hole (now more of an extended puddle) and came home the usual way. Cookie was especially happy to be out on her first run since her surgery; she, Lily and Murci had great fun horsing around near the swimming hole. An unfortunate start but a good group and everyone had a good time.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!