Sunday, January 10, 2016

10.01.16

morning run:
Truman
Eve
Elewah
Lily
Luna
Murci
Cookie
Roxy
Junebug
(9)

No-man's land: ~9k. June was on the leash the whole way and was really good. Roxy was also on the leash for all but a short bit in no-man's land and it worked out well enough. Since I had Elewah I knew I didn't want to be coming home from the north, since she has consistently dashed off to harass the dogs at Angel's corner every time; for this reason I picked a route that had me going north to south. Unfortunately I had no idea how flooded no-man's land was until we were really in the thick of it: it was ~1.5km of mud up to my ankles and water almost up to my knees. After about 300m of it I realized it would just be easier with Roxy off the leash: she's short and the water was up to her chest in places, so I let her pick her own path through the flooded wilderness while keeping a close eye on her. This was one of the hardest slogs I can remember; I decided to bag the extra distance south after no-man's land proper and took the fork in the road that leads down to the palapa road, then continued home via the usual southern route to the land bridge. This worked out well as far as Elewah was concerned; she ran ahead a little towards the end but never left my sight and came home straight to the gate with the rest of us.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!