Wednesday, April 20, 2016

20.04.16

morning run:
Blue
Frijolita
Luna
Mega
Steve McQueen
Hazel
Murci
Cookie
Junebug
(9)

Up the beach past Au Soleil Couchant: ~8k. We left with only June on the leash. Murci was so wound up I had to bring us to a halt before we even crossed the road to settle her down a little. If I had thought to bring a second leash she would've been on it but I spaced on this so I just talked her down a bit for the first 250m; she was much better by the shrimpery. We took the blue.bag trail (now sans blue bag) to the beach at the tortuga sign, headed north and went home the way we came. I let June off the leash for the first time in a while on the beach and she was great. I put her back on as we were leaving the beach but maybe next time she'll go a little farther. She did have a bad reaction to a bird trapper we came across just south of the coco trail intersection: I had to pick her up and carry her past him, so she still needs a bit of work and time to be less fearful, but she has improved. Everyone else was exemplary the whole way. We ran north well past A.S.C., to where the beach straightens out south of Playa Maya; other than the bird trapper we saw nobody. June swims like a lunatic and everyone had a blast screwing around with her off the leash. A very high-paced run throughout.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!