Tuesday, May 17, 2016

17.05.16

morning run:
Posey
Frijolita
Gowron
Shirley
Steve McQueen
Murci
Cookie
Junebug
Coco
(9)

Up the beach past Au Soleil Couchant: ~6k. This was challenging because it was Coco's first real run and she's still not great on the leash, although she was much better coming home than she was heading out. It would've been easier if I hadn't had June on the leash as well on the way to the beach, but I still don't trust her around motos and people and there has been a lot of salt-worker activity in the nearby charcos recently. Coco must've dived behind my back to trip me up 50 times before we got to the beach, but once I let June off it got easier. Coco forgot about the leash for long stretches when we picked up the pace - she's definitely a running dog and, like her brother Tupo, is NOT a water dog. She didn't want any part of the ocean. I picked her up and carried her in once just to help her cool off and to see how she did; she swam back to shore acceptably well but wasn't interested in going in again. PupG was a weirdo coming home and got "the fear" as we were approaching the blue bag trail - I don't know why, she's never done that before. I knew she would just go home or maybe go swimming on the beach if she beat us there, and she has no problems with people or vehicles so I tried to keep her in sight and didn't worry about it. It turned out fine, she just ran to the gate and beat us by a couple of minutes. Everyone else listened and stayed with me. A fun run on a very humid morning.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!