Friday, June 24, 2016

24.06.16

morning run:
Eve
Posey
Xmul
Mega
Lex
Murci
Cookie*
Junebug
Tupo
(9)

Past Au Soleil Couchant: ~6k. I tried to cut a fine line through the monte to the east to avoid active groups of salt workers... and failed. They were everywhere and their annoying refuse was unavoidable. I took the ridge the whole way north for the first time in a while, and although we got barked at by Angel's dogs that wasn't a problem. The dogs to the east of us near the main road turned out to be the problem, as Cookie and Tupo took off to greet them. Tupo came back quickly but Cookie ditched us, for the first time ever (I think). She must've got pulled off too far to the east running after those dogs or something, but I circled us all around the entire area calling for her and she didn't appear. Everyone else was really good about staying with me; both Xmul and June were on leashes at that point and they did well with the strange goings on. In the end I figured Cookie had either run home or was ahead of me, since she knew where we were going, so I took us to the beach at the tortuga sign. It turns out she had run home and arrived not too long after we had left; at least she did the sensible thing there, but I was worried and it was strange that she did it at all. Everyone else behaved perfectly for the rest of the run, including on the way back when we got barked at again.
GRADE: B

mid-day swim:
Pearl
Ruby
(2)

I took these two little terrors out for a dip in The Big Water, as per their request. They are hilarious and fun, both incredible swimmers already. There was a lot of gross seaweed on the shore but we dealt with it and had a good time in the shallows.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!