Saturday, December 25, 2010

25.12.10

mid-day walk:
Zasu
Alice
Lucy
Floyd
(4)

In the interest of working with Floyd we went out on a leash for a short (~2km) walk with some senior dogs who also need it. Zasu was an angel. Alice probably would have been good if her evil sister had not been along; as it was they screwed around for the first ~5 minutes doing who-knows-what near the shrimpery while I yelled for them, but they finally came around they were good from then on. We just did the dirty road loop. I worked constantly with Floyd on the "sit" command. Although I kept him on a fairly short leash almost the whole time I have to say that he is a dream to walk with. He barely pulls and seems to completely understand the leash, which is surprising. I am almost certain that he has a fairly serious vision problem, mostly in his right eye. His reactions to things are definitely not what you'd expect, and when you compare where he's looking to where the other dogs are looking when something happens you have to come to the conclusion that there's something wonky with his eyes. I let him off briefly to swim with the sisters in one of the charcos; he likes water, goofed around a bit and came back to me and the leash with no complaints. Good boy Floyd.
GRADE: B

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!