Friday, December 31, 2010

31.12.10

morning run:
Oscar
Otto
Archie
Chester
Truman
Rufus
Reggie
Jack
(8)

On Wednesday it was cold enough to actually call it "cold", but today the cold is gone and we're starting to get some heat early. It was correspondingly much more humid than it has been; the wind was the only thing that really saved me, because I wasn't ready for the heat. The Brethren have been hanging around close, and our dogs must've felt it as we were at the gate, because they were really worked up. The harness helped a lot with Rufus, but he was still too excited; he needs individual work on leaving and coming in. The Brethren were indeed close by in the monte behind our house and barked at us as we went by, but none of ours even bothered to go say "hi," they just continued on the normal path. We did 10k in a strange way today, maybe a little more. We started by going south, where the land bridge is now maybe only 60% under water, and not very deep any more. We did the usual southern entrance, then all the way north via the palapa-on-stilts road. I didn't feel like going to the beach, since there are more people around now, so we started to head out on the road to Xixim. I had been thinking we could do the long and winding road, since this group can run forever, but we got about half way there and I decided that 10k was enough for today; I'm swamped with work, and the change in weather was taking it out of me more than I had realized. This turned out to be a good decision, as I'm plenty tired now. If we had gone on I would be toast for the rest of the day. Other than getting out of the gate everyone was stellar. We ran right by an elderly gent heading out to the monte on his bike and there wasn't so much as a bark.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!