Wednesday, October 19, 2011

19.10.11

morning run:
Bette
Gracie
Eve
Rita
Reggie
Stella
Daisy
Mo
(8)

Out the dirty road to the middle land bridge, the cut over, the intersection, the first trail south around the southern charcos, the palapa road, the north land bridge to the swimming hole, the shire, the intersection, the cut over and middle land bridge again but this time north to the dead goat three-way and home via the coco trail: ~8k(?). We would've come home exactly the way we went out down the dirty road but Reggie balked at some salt workers loading a huge truck on the way back; he went right by them on the way out, so I was a little surprised, but I guess we came upon them too suddenly on the way out for him to think about it. Other than that everyone was perfect. Stella was on the leash the whole way and will remain leash-bound on runs until I feel like trying to trust her again. Daisy and Mo were incredibly energetic and more or less sold me on hitting the papala road instead of coming home via the main road, which was my original plan. Reggie and Gracie also did their parts to sell me on a longer run, as they were all wiggly and playful when we got to the four-way crossroads down south where I had to decide. I really didn't feel like going out today after such a crappy yesterday but the natural optimism and joyfulness of dogs is hard to beat.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!