Sunday, October 30, 2011

30.10.11

morning run:
Ginger
Osita
Elewah
Ziggy
Molly
Daisy
Luna
Xmul
(8)

The southern charco loop backwards plus a little extra; north out the coco trail to the Au Soleil Couchant road, east and then north like we were going to the long and winding road, turned around at the intersection with the hidden trail and came back south to the palapa road and home via the southern charcos, the main road and the land bridge: ~9k. I thought we might do the long and winding road but the dogs were giving me too much trouble chasing birds and the leash stopped working, hampering my efforts to control them. This was a high-energy group of mostly younger dogs and there were a fair number of flamingos and ducks in the charcos nearby; I should take the long leash that can easily accommodate two dogs for a while until everyone remembers/knows the rules. Osita was bad a couple of times and she should know better; her main sin was not listening to me. Xmul was predictably crazed so I had to improvise a harness by looping the leash around her body and using her collar to keep it in place. She was in that get-up for several kilometers but I let her off at the southern end of the run because she had been so good and she listened well for the remainder. I put Luna on the leash as we were getting near the tar paper shack and she was not so great - backed out of her collar and danced away. I collected her and did the same loop-harness thing at which point she did her best boat anchor impersonation from the tar paper shack until we got home. She's HEAVY. I scooped Elewah up at the shrimpery and we all walked home from there more or less together and under control.
GRADE: B

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!