Saturday, June 21, 2014

21.06.14

morning run:
Truman
Eve
Gowron
Elewah
Daisy
Lex
Petey
Steve McQueen
Hazel
(9)

Hidden trail: ~8k. We almost didn't go today. Roni and I were both a step slow and kind of tired. It was PupG who convinced us with her pathetically cute entreaty at the gate. We did promise her yesterday when she was bumped... the scary thing is it seems she remembered. I intended to take a couple of other dogs than the ones that came but we wanted to get it together quickly and minimize chaos on the way out so I just took the nine that I had handy; I did manage to get Petey out by tricking him into a small crate and carrying it out to the launchpad so I considered that enough of a win for the roster. It was nice not having to leave with someone on the leash; we were all across doce in a flash and once on the road everyone stayed close to me for the whole run. I didn't think we would go as far as the hidden trail but this was a quick group and everyone was having such a good time when we got to the head of the hidden trail that it seemed silly not to go... also, PupG had dipped herself in every disgusting puddle on the way and I really wanted to wash her off in the ocean. The really hidden part of the hidden trail to the west of doce was extremely overgrown; it has rained a lot since our last visit and the flora has taken over everywhere. Somehow I managed to not catch any spines in my feet as we wound our way through the underbrush and once on the beach everyone swam with great enthusiasm the whole way south. We managed to get under a little cloud cover here and there to make the heat bearable and they killed most of the water by the time we were coming off the beach at the tortuga sign. I put Hazel on the leash on the blue bag trail to keep everyone together and there was no misbehavior of any kind.
GRADE: A

mid-day swim:
Greta
Tori
(2)

Tori really wanted to go and Greta is so good about it so why not. It was relatively shallow for a long way out so I made them swim very long laps via our usual comedy routine. Good girls.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!