Monday, October 13, 2014

13.10.14

morning run:
Gracie
Posey
Eve
Gowron*
Elewah
Lily
Xmul
Lex
Hazel
(9)

Southern charcos: ~8k. PupG was out of her mind in the first five meters and actually got into a scuffle with Xmul, who seemed shocked by it. Naturally she was not allowed to continue on the run with an attitude like that... Roni was right at the gate when it happened and she came out and collected the little miscreant before Xmul and I took off to catch up with the others. After that it was a pretty good run but the end was a little stressful. Elewah is the only dog here who hasn't been on a leash... she came to us under strange circumstances and stayed partly wild for a lot longer than the rest. We've always felt about her like she was a retired Queen of the Monte. She and Gracie were the most visible and dominant females in this territory when they were wild, each in her own era; Gracie immediately took to the leash when I first tried it with her but Elewah never did. On the way home I could not help remembering that Elewah kind of screwed me over the last time she was out by turning her ears off close to home and perhaps the time before that as well. Since I had the black leash on me (which requires no collar) I thought I might try to finally have her run a little on the leash, just from the dirty road to home, where she generally screws around too much. I waited until she misbehaved (darted off around the enchanted charco and made me yell for her) and slipped it over her head when she finally came back to me. She was not happy, to put it mildly, but I insisted and we made it home with her on the leash, doing her best bucking bronco impersonation. She ended up injuring her foot pad somehow and really worked herself into a lather. I thought it was important to at least get her on the leash a little but afterwards I felt bad. She does dart off sometimes close to home but she knows where she lives she was really upset by the leash. We'll have to see about that. For the most part it was a nice run.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!