Thursday, June 11, 2015

11.06.15

morning run:
Godzilla
Frijolita
Chester
Elewah
Lily
Jack
Xmul
Mega
Murci
(9)

No-man's land: ~9k. This group needed a longer, faster run than we've been going on recently; despite the rain last night the monte is still really dry most places. There was one stretch of grey mud out in no-man's land proper that became extremely slippery in the shady patches, so much so that even slowing to a walk I had a hard time keeping my balance. Other than that it was nice: not too hot, no bugs yet. We kept a high pace and flew by batches of salt workers scattered through the monte with no issues. I knew when we left that I would have to carry Elewah home a bit to keep her from charging south when we got home to show off for the strays; however, I forgot about both Godzilla's and Frijolita's tendency to turn their ears off when there is mischief to be done. This is how I got stuck holding Elewah while those two ran off south just at the last turn home, dragging Lily and Jack with them. Roni was paying attention as we got close and helped reel them in; they came back quickly but I'll have to remember that Godzilla needs to be reigned in close to home. No harm, no foul, everyone was back inside the gate within a minute or two of each other.
GRADE: B (must improve the ending)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!