Tuesday, July 12, 2016

12.07.16

morning run:
Osita
Frijolita
Chester
Frankie
Xmul
Mega
Murci
Junebug
Tupo
(9)

North beach: ~7k. I purposely threw Osita into this one because she hadn't gone in a while and she loves running with her sister Frijolita. We took the blue.bag trail both ways to the beach; there was a small group of salt workers just to the north of where the trail lets out on the road to the east and everyone was fine with it, including June (probably because there were no vehicles). Osita ditched me right after we got to the beach, which is annoying. Frankie and Xmul were both playing very aggressively in the water and I think Osita didn't like it. She gets like this sometimes and just gives me this look that says "I don't feel like it now, Dad." If it had been another dog I might've just cut it short and turned around with her but she's old and smart and knows her way home; also, the rest of the dogs really needed a longer run than that. She ran home on the beach, obviously, since Roni said she was wet when she got home, and she didn't make everyone crazy when she arrived so she must've turned up one of the beach trails before our house to arrive at the back gate. Next time she'll go with Alice and George and gang. Everyone else was perfect, although I had to really ride Xmul and Frankie verbally and put them both on the leash at different times to reign them in a little. June and Xmul were off the hook on the beach and on it everywhere else, but I'm starting to think I might trust June off the leash in the monte as long as I don't hear any vehicles. Nice, fast run.
GRADE: B

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!