Tuesday, November 1, 2011

01.11.11

morning run:
Eve
Godzilla
Frankie
Lily
Jack
Monkey
Stella
Mo
(8)

The southern way to the swimming hole via the palapa road and home via the dirty road: ~8k. We left with Stella off of the leash but I put her on when we regrouped at the shrimpery; I had to go into the cow pasture to get her (f'ing barbed wire), which only proved that she needed to be on the leash. I left her on for the whole run because she's never going to get any better otherwise; at least I had the foresight to bring the long leash which can be used for more than one dog. We saw not a single flamingo, person or marmot until we were coming out of the shire and running past weathertop, where a group of flamingos was feeding not 3m from the road. I saw them and thought I should put Lily on the other end of the leash and a second later she took off - not good, I should've anticipated a little better. They easily evaded her (and Frankie and Jack) by moving closer to weathertop and the dogs listened well; I collected Lily and had her on the leash until we got across the middle land bridge. Other than that everyone was really good; it was blustery, overcast and at least not hot.
GRADE: B

1 comment:

  1. I thought I heard you hollering near the cow pasture this morning. The damned coffee was taking forever.

    ReplyDelete

All dogs are welcome to post!