Thursday, December 8, 2011

08.12.11

morning run:
Blue
Eve
Truman
Archie
Elewah
Monkey
Daisy
Mo
(8)

Southern charcos, south to the road to no-man's land, north on the palapa road to the Au Soleil Couchant road, west towards the beach, south on the parallel access road, west to the trails behind the tortuga sign road and continuing on to the dirty road and home: ~9k. I had a different, more difficult group out in the yard at first but then I realized that I needed a good group today; Elewah was the one exception, and that worked out okay. We did this loop quickly and although Elewah was frequently on point she didn't seem so intent on kicking my ass the entire 9km; maybe I was tired the last time I took her out but it seemed that way to me. On the parallel access road a moto came up from behind us and slowly went through us and everyone was good; Elewah read my mind, in fact, and jumped right (west) onto the tiny dog-trail that leads to the woods behind the tortuga road just as I was thinking that's what we should do. Nobody so much as barked or broke stride for the moto, me included (I wanted to bark). I scooped Elewah up at the shrimpery and we all walked home briskly. I know I need to stop doing that and work with her on a collar but it just doesn't seem like the right time yet.
GRADE: A

morning walks:
Bette
Buddy
Frankie
Stella
(4)

Mark and Lin opportunistically pounced on the situation and snuck out with Bette and Buddy while I was running. Bette is still favoring her left rear leg; we fear hip dysplasia. They've been getting Buddy out more now and it's been doing wonders for him. This time Lin said that Buddy walked straight the entire way, up past the posts in front of the soldiers and back again. He is obviously enjoying the walks and it seems to be helping his dexterity and mood. They then took Frankie and Stella out for a long walk north on the beach near the palm tree. They ran into Nicole w/Xmul and terriers coming south at the poles, and said that both their charges and Xmul were all good (no barking, they gave each other wide berths). They saw Maria Weltin and dogs north of them further towards the palm tree and turned around. Stella and Frankie were good on the leash the whole time.
GRADE: A

afternoon walk #1:
Zasu
Miles
Reggie
Tito
Greta
Linda
Amber
Zoot
(8)

Roni and I got out together for a walk with this crew as Mark and Lin kept the chorus at bay back home. We went across the land bridge and north in the interstitial charcos next to the ridge, cutting across via our hidden path to the middle land bridge and then back via the dirty road: ~2k. It was nice out, perhaps even a little chilly and the dogs really had a good time. Greta was on the harness and on and off the leash as per her crazed behavior and our desire to keep our charges together.
GRADE: A

afternoon walks #2:
Shirley
Twiggy
(2)

Mark and Lin took these two out for a spin on the beach and they were both good.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!