Thursday, December 22, 2011

22.12.11

morning run:
Gracie
Posey
Frijolita
Truman
Archie
Lily
Jack
Molly
(8)

Around the southern charcos continuing on to the road to no-man's land, across the berm to the swimming hole and home: ~8k. I had Gracie on the hook the whole time; she was injured recently at home and hadn't gone out because of that but I still don't trust her from her last two trips out. She was excited to go and very good on the leash the whole way. I let her leave the yard on her own and put her on at the shrimpery with no problems. Right past the tar paper shack we ran into an older gent with a trike and a large, white, male dog that I think we've seen once before; everyone was reasonably friendly but the other dog ended up getting a little freaked out by their interest and bolted in the direction of town, which naturally led to six of ours giving chase for a few hundred meters. They were back with me by the time I got to the turn east but it was still not a very nice episode; I'll have to find that guy and apologize. Past that everyone was good the whole way until just south of the berm where some of the locals left a little present for the dogs; most of them broke off when I called them but Molly completely ignored me and had to be drug out of the bushes. I put her on the other end of the leash there and she stayed on for the duration, which made the rest of the run not terribly fun, but no matter, she can't be allowed to ignore me.
GRADE: B

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!