Wednesday, October 9, 2013

09.10.13

morning run:
Frijolita
Tuesday
Gowron
Twiggy
Amber
Lex
Mega
Petey
Tori
(9)

To the beach at Au Soleil Couchant via the swimming hole: ~7k. The last couple of days have sucked for one reason or another; we're both exhausted and everything is soggy from rain, battered from wind and bitten by bugs. This morning I thought I was being clever when several dogs trapped themselves in the launchpad; I figured I could quickly throw the rest of the group together and get everyone else put away without too much disturbance if I was quick enough and I guess I was sort of right but it didn't feel like it. A couple of them ran me around but in the end the ones in the launchpad were good and Roni told me when we got home that she didn't realize we had left - she heard me getting frustrated and thought I had thrown my hands up in disgust and gone to my computer, so the dogs who stayed home were obviously all very good. The ones who came with me were also very good. Tuesday slipped her collar at the gate but really that was my fault: I saw it was very loose and just forgot to adjust it in my rush to get out. I put her back on at the turn to the dirty road and she was fine; in fact I left her off the leash for an extended stretch from just before the swimming hole until we were almost to the tortuga sign on the beach and she was really good the whole time. I put Amber on the other end of the leash at the same time I grabbed Tuesday and they stayed that way all the way home (much to Tuesday's obvious disdain). Lex and Mega both stuck with us all the way home, which was gratifying - they both have a tendency to bolt home once we're close.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!