Wednesday, October 23, 2013

23.10.13

morning run:
Gracie
Frijolita*
Rita*
Lily*
Jack
Xmul
Lex*
Hazel
Tori*
(9)

Almost nowhere: ~2k. We left with all nine above but right away ran into trouble: Rita's foot or front left leg was bothering her by the time we crossed the road but she would not turn around. I had Xmul on the leash so carrying Rita would've been difficult/impossible and the rest of my charges were waiting at the shrimpery... what a great day to have a walkie-talkie on me this would've been, so naturally I forgot it. Instead I took us just around the cow pasture the short way with Rita limping a lot of the way, just to get us all pointed back in the right direction. My intention was to get us home, drop off Rita and take off again but I was foiled by basic doggie programming: everyone had run the leave/run/return program in their doggie heads and almost nobody wanted to go out again right then. I was starting to get frustrated so I just went back out with Gracie, Jack, Xmul and Hazel and we went around the cow pasture the long way, mainly to get Xmul out a bit. All in all a big fail but no big deal; these things happen.
GRADE: A (nobody's fault, everyone was good)

morning walk #1:
Twiggy
Luna
MoMo
(3)

Martina took these three out for a better walk than last evening.
GRADE: A

morning walk #2:
Shirley
Stella
(2)

These two went with Martina up the beach and had a blast. We're a bit concerned that Stella ate something on the beach we don't know about because she didn't want to eat dinner tonight... she's a sneaky one about things like that. They were both good behaviorally.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!