Sunday, October 27, 2013

27.10.13

morning run:
Eve
Osita
Frijolita
Elewah
Lily
Amber
Hazel
Tori
(8)

Southern charcos backwards: ~8k. This was a great group for the most part. We started out with nobody on the leash and got to the swimming hole quickly. I decided I wanted to avoid the beach and everyone was really up for running anyway; if I had left earlier I would've probably done the long and winding road but instead I took us in a loop to the palapa road and came home across the now-sunken land bridge. I put Amber on the leash just south of the palapa because she seemed to be getting skittish and strange; she calmed down but it isn't a bad idea for her to spend time on the leash and anyway I had planned on coming home with her that way so I just left her on. Elewah irritated me by charging into a charco full of flamingos as we were coming out of the southern charcos proper; she posed no danger to the birds but she was a jerk about it, and she also bluff-charged/barked at another bird that seemed hurt down on the road to the land bridge from the east. In spite of the fact that she didn't actually do anything she knows she's not supposed to be aggressive to the birds; I scooped her up and carried her home all the way from the land bridge and was fairly pissed about it. She's getting a collar when the new ones we've ordered finally arrive. Other than that everyone was really perfect and had a good time on a fast-paced run.
GRADE: B (Elewah)

morning beach dash:
Rufus
(1)

To the tortuga sign and back: ~2k. I took Rufus for some alone time, on the black leash straight up the beach; I let him off in front of the HoJo and put him back on there when we came south. We did as lot of swimming and he had a blast. What an angel.
GRADE: A

morning beach walk:
Ernie
Stella
Linda
(3)

Martina took these three out for a walk up the beach; Rufus and I ran into them heading south as they were heading north and everyone was happy to see each other.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!