Wednesday, September 14, 2016

14.09.16

morning run:
Posey
Eve
Elewah
Xmul
Mega
Steve
Murci
Cookie
June
Tupo
(10)

Au Soleil Couchant and north: ~8k. We took the long way in the monte to the beach at Au Soleil Couchant. My idea was to head north on the beach a bit and come home via the maginot line but it was not to be. As we were heading south I saw one of those dogs we've seen around lately, about 100m to the south and up on the bluff a bit (it isn't as pronounced that far to the north). He saw us but none of my charges seemed to see him so I slowed everyone down and went into the water while making some noise so he'd hear us and have time to clear out. He did this, but just ran off into the monte in a loop and came back down farther to the south on the beach ahead of us. Again, nobody seemed to see him and he was clearly trying to stay ahead of us heading south, so I took us back into the monte at Au Soleil Couchant again instead and came home the long way. I was amazed that Elewah didn't notice him and charge off but I guess I did a good job of keeping everyone's attention away from him. Other than that it was an uneventful run. Everyone was really up for it and the heat in the monte was a little more bearable after being on the beach for a while.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!