Tuesday, October 25, 2016

25.10.16

morning run:
Frankie
Lily
Jack
Mega
Steve McQueen
Murci
Cookie
Roxy
Junebug
Tupo
(10)

Southern charcos: ~7k. We passed a group of salt workers on the way out at the land bridge, obviously setting up to run a salt loading machine. Everyone stayed with me and ran right by them except Mega, who went over to sniff the remains of their foodstuffs; I yelled for him and he came immediately. For the rest of the run we took a weird route, doubling back a bit at one point to get back to the 4-way intersection in the southern charcos from halfway up the middle serpentine. I kept hearing motos and other vehicular noises everywhere but never saw anything making them. It was cloudy, windy and a tiny bit foggy out and everything sounded strange. June kept getting paranoid from the noises, so I had her on and off the leash repeatedly for the whole run and she was good about it. At one point we crested a small hill and I saw a little black dog about 150m ahead hauling ass to get away from us; I was the only one tall enough to see them, so I called everyone back, hooked June up (already paranoid from a moto noise) and took the turn to the southwest that goes back to the intersection. We haven't been over there in a long time; some of these dogs are young enough they may never have been there. It's strange and beautiful, full of large trees and silence. Nobody minded the crazy route, it was fun everywhere. We ended up on the innermost serpentine heading north. I could hear the salt loader running to the south as we made it to the circular intersection on the main road (June already back on the leash again), so I tried to take us home via the blue bag trail by running north a bit and catching the tortuga sign road. We ended up cutting through east-to-west about 50m north of the blue bag trail because Angel's dogs were barking their heads off close to the south. We couldn't see them so I couldn't be sure if they were barking at us or salt workers, but I was ready to be home at this point and I had never noticed there's a clear way through from the road to the charcos to the west - it's overgrown a bit but still quite doable. The rest of the way home was uneventful and everyone was perfect about the stray under the Jeep when we got home. Nice run.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!