Friday, October 28, 2016

28.10.16

morning run:
Chester
Rita
Shirley
Rufus
Steve
Roxy
Junebug
(7)

Southern charcos: ~6k. This was a nice group. I didn't take as many dogs because this new thing with Rufus is still a work in progress but it's going much better. With June on the hook leaving we were really moving when Rufus caught up at the corner and he was caught up in the fun of running for the most part. We made it to the shrimpery with only a little barking and some stern words. I didn't even bother putting him on the leash for a bit like I usually do, he seemed to calm down fast and was good the whole way. My idea was to do the same inner-serpentine route we did last time because it was probably still flooded and everyone likes that a lot. We did that for the most part, but at the end I thought I would be clever and take the "hidden" road back to the tar paper shack from the north. June had been good the whole way mostly off the leash and I hadn't seen or heard anyone when we were heading out, but it turns out there was a truck and some people loading bags of salt about halfway to the shack. June wasn't happy about it and was off the leash but she didn't completely flip out or panic. I turned us around without making a big deal about it and she came with. I put her on the leash within 50m just to make sure we were all together and then we ran north back to the road that leads to the intersection and came home via the land bridge again. Everyone was really great, including Roxy who was also mostly off the leash.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!