Monday, April 5, 2010

05.04.10

morning run (aborted):
Gracie
Bette
George
Rufus
Frankie
Eve
Frijolita
Elewah
(7+1)

The goats were waiting for us at the shrimpery (it was too early for that but I guess they didn't get the memo on the time change). George was absolutely terrible, going back for seconds after I thought I had separated them all and tried to continue on (he was also terrible the last time we ran into goats). Roni came running down in her PJ's because she heard the chaos and pitched in valiantly; it was a long, hard battle for both of us to get everyone separated once the donnybrook began in earnest. I ended up tackling George in a salt pond where he had trapped a goat, and scraped the hell out of my right leg on the bottom, which automatically salted the wounds as they were delivered. Nice. Gracie was also extremely bad, as was Rufus, and Bette definitely did not help. Roni ended up heading home the direct way while I led the damned dogs around to the beach so that we didn't run into the goats again. I don't think any goats were injured, but George, for one, was certainly considering it. George, Gracie, Frankie, Rufus and Bette are locked up in the bodega until Roni and I can stand to look at them again. Frijolita, Eve and Elewah were the only ones who were good. Worst morning in a long time.
GRADE: F

evening s/k duty:
Zasu
(1)

Good girl.
GRADE: A

2 comments:

All dogs are welcome to post!