Sunday, April 11, 2010

11.04.10

morning run:
Chester
Shirley
Reggie
Posey
Osita
Lily
Jack
(7)

It was really humid, so we perhaps went 8k, maybe a little more. Coming back the Terreno Federal road we ran into The Goats. I had seen their tracks and foolishly tried to convince myself that they were not fresh, so this is all my fault. Osita, Posey and Reggie took off and engaged them, splitting the herd in two. They drove one half of the herd back towards us and would not listen or slow down. The other half of the herd was still in front of us, and the remaining four dogs made no move to do anything and stayed with me, which at least was one reason for pride. I continued on slowly with The Good Dogs and allowed the goats to sort of go around us with no hostilities. Reggie, Osita and Posey made their way back to us in that order, so I put Posey on the leash (that's the rule: loser gets the leash). Although I was not thrilled with them, it could've been much worse, and Lily and Jack were extremely good throughout.
GRADE: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!