Tuesday, April 6, 2010

06.04.10

afternoon walk/complete screw-up:
Zasu
Maggie
Tito
Ziggy
Osita*
Godzilla*
Otto*
Tuesday*
Frankie*
Gowron*
(4+6)

The dogs with stars after their names were put into the office while the first four dogs were to be taken on a shorty, with the intention of heading around to the beach to wash Ziggy off for reasons we will leave unspecified. Apparently I am a bit distracted; I left the gate open when I left with the first four. Incredibly stupid. Roni opened the office after I had gone, to let the few that were in there out into the yard. They all bolted at full speed for the gate, which Roni naturally did not know was open; since she was injured during yesterday's goat-related festivities (ankle), she did the sensible thing and closed the gate, knowing exactly where those fools were going. She was right: they caught up to us at the shrimpery, which certainly threw me for a loop. Once they all calmed down they were pretty good about getting rounded up, and I took us all home to see what other damage I had wrought (none, thankfully). I then took just Zasu and Ziggy out onto the beach, up a short way and back home. Heart-pounding good fun. Not.
GRADE: C (dogs) / F (me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!