Saturday, September 18, 2010

18.09.10

morning run:
Oscar
Otto
Archie
Chester
Ernie
Osita
Frankie
Elewah*
(8)

I had let Elewah out earlier to see her buddies, who were hanging out on and around the beach near the cows. I didn't see her out there when the rest of us left, but she picked us up right away, so she was obviously hanging around. We went straight out North towards Playa Maya/Xixim, but I had no intention of doing the full loop today. I figured a good place to turn around would present itself, and it did: Frankie didn't want to ford the deep crossing about 1km south of the stone bridge, so that's where we turned around. That puts the length at around 10k, since the stone bridge is a little more than 6km. We came back via Elewah's shortcut through the shire. There were heavy rains yesterday, and the monte was as flooded as I've ever seen it. Very few bugs, curiously enough. Everyone was good. Ernie deserves special mention, since this was a long one for him (I threw him in because he's still too fat and needs it).
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!