Friday, October 22, 2010

22.10.10

morning run:
Oscar
Otto
Archie
Chester
Rufus
Ernie
Osita
(7)

What a group. I put Rufus on the leash before we even crossed doce, and by the time we got to the shrimpery intersection he was fine and I took him off; it's just those first 100 meters where he's completely out of his mind. I wasn't feeling all that great to start with, but the dogs inspired me and we ended up going all the way to playa maya via the monte and home on the beach. I didn't intend to do that, but we got to the stone bridge in no time flat, and since that's the half-way mark it doesn't really matter whether we go ahead or come back once we're there. Ernie, chubster that he is, did 13k basically standing on his head. He did drink most of the water, but he was never lagging and was obviously having a good time paling around with Chester. For my part, this is only the second time I've gone that far and I was much better off this time around; I didn't feel like puking or passing out when we got to the beach, and was able to maintain our pace all the way home, so I call that a personal win. Flooding going down steadily everywhere. Bugs not that bad.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!