Wednesday, November 17, 2010

17.11.10

morning run:
Oscar
Otto
Archie
Chester
Rufus
Ernie
Maggie
Monkey
(8)

Rufus was terrible at the gate. I had him calmed down before I opened it, but he was still too riled, and I had to be very stern with him down past the shrimpery to get him back on the leash and calm him down again. Not our best exit. Also, a strange group, but Maggie needed it and Monkey is still on fatty patrol... as is Ernie, although less so. Ernie is frequently the fastest or one of the fastest dogs for the length of a run, in spite of his girth. Once we got going everyone settled in and did well. My intention was to do the southern 10k, but it ended up being the southern ~8.5k because Oscar developed a limp somewhere in the first ~5km. He was fine to start with, so I'm guessing he slipped in the mud while playing; I didn't want to take any chances, so we came home at the first turn after the palapa on stilts. It seemed like maybe he was shaking it off by the time we got home, but we'll watch him today to make sure.
GRADE: B

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!