Thursday, November 25, 2010

25.11.10

morning run:
Oscar
Otto
Archie
Chester
Rufus
Ernie
Truman
Elewah
(8)

I suppose I should not have thrown Elewah in... she talked me into it with her violins-and-pathos routine at the gate, and I need to toughen up and not fall for it so often. On the other hand, it had been a couple days (well past the doggie memory threshold), I really was only going to go with the first seven today and we were going to go for a long one anyway, so what the hell. Right off the bat Elewah led a spirited bark-at-the-cows brigade charge, so at least I got to regret my weakness immediately. The cows were fairly unimpressed, but I decided that we would avoid them entirely by crossing the flooded "bridge" behind the shrimpery to start with. We made our way to the main road by fording those middle charcos, then headed north and east to finally catch the inland road to Xixim, and came home via the long and winding road and the northern charcos. It felt like a tough one for some reason, although I've done it several times now; I must be tired from working all the time. The dogs certainly had fun. Other than the shenanigans at the start everyone was good; Rufus and I are still working on his exits, but this one wasn't as bad as the last time.
GRADE: B

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!