Sunday, November 28, 2010

28.11.10

morning run:
Truman
Godzilla
Eve
Frankie
Lily
Jack
Monkey
Molly
(8)

Roni remarked that this was a young group before we left, and it's true. I've sort of been subconsciously making sure there were always two or three Senior Dogs on most runs, but as I looked around before we left I realized that Truman, Godzilla and Eve are all just over 3 years old now; Roni and I had just been talking about it yesterday. They all listen well, don't break the rules and are good influences, which are the basic requirements for Senior Dog status. They certainly acted like it today. This group was another really fast one, maybe the fastest yet. We did the long and winding road backwards, which is a little over 10k, with many sloggy bits still, and the pace was almost at the edge of what I could do. They were all good about sticking with me, but I noticed that the central tendency of this group was to pick up the pace and keep it up. The few times we did stop I noticed that Molly is getting much better about drinking out of the bottle: less of a spaz. Everyone had a really good time, behaved themselves and ran their asses off.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!