Tuesday, November 30, 2010

30.11.10

morning run:
Bette
Gracie
George
Posey
Frijolita
Osita
Blue
Reggie
(8)

I truly did not mean to take eight today. I threw George in at the last minute because he really wanted to go, and he needs the exercise, but I forgot that I had already let out one more of G&G's pups than I had originally planned, bringing the total to eight. After I had everyone separated, I gave the ones who were going their Ivermectina pills and by the time I did all of that and realized I had eight out I there wasn't anyone who obviously didn't belong in the group besides George, and I had promised him to start out with. Because we had him, I did the southern ~10k, but backwards, heading north first and coming home from the south. I made sure George got most of the water and that he was never lagging too much; it was a little over a year ago that he was unable to walk and had to be carried out to the beach every day for physical therapy. He's kind of like an old linebacker that has gotten a little soft around the middle, but still has it. This run was a little long and up-tempo for him, but he did it in fine fashion and had a good time. The only bad spot was near the very end, after we had crossed the still-inundated land bridge behind the shrimpery and were heading home on that road. There was a moto way off in the distance, almost to doce, and Posey decided she wanted to chase it or check it out or something, but she took off and didn't listen to me at first, dragging her three siblings with her. They did finally listen to me and turned around about halfway to doce, but the fact that Posey took off at all irritated me, so she was on the leash until we got home, which I guess was more symbolic than anything else. Otherwise a great run.
GRADE: B

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!