Thursday, May 5, 2011

05.05.11

morning run:
Oscar
Otto
Chester
Truman
Rufus
Ernie
Reggie
Jack
(8)

Archie sat this one out so that Reggie could go. We did the long and winding road forwards, to the hidden trail and home the whole way on the beach: ~10k at least, probably closer to 11 or 12. When we got to the junction where I must decide if we're going on a long one or not, I looked around and they were all so happy and up for it that I got carried away and decided to press on, even though we didn't leave very early... this was probably a mistake. I gave Ernie and Reggie most of the water, and let them both have little breathers under bushes along the way. I pressed the pace pretty hard until we got to the beach, at which point I was the one who needed the breather; it occurred to me as everyone was swimming around that I had not eaten much yesterday nor anything this morning, and it looked like a long, long way home. I decided to stay on the beach the whole way, so when we got to the bend south of the tortuga sign I put Ernie, Truman and Rufus on the hook by winding the leash through their collars, just in case we ran into that momma dog and her pups; naturally, we didn't, but I knew I didn't have anything left in the tank to run them down if they misbehaved. I only had Rufus on the hook for the first km, and every one really behaved themselves the whole way, so I got to run free for a change. Reggie and Ernie are troopers.
GRADE: A

evening walk:
Zasu
Miles
Henry
Tito
(4)

Roni took this crew on a walk to the charco behind the shrimpery and then south across the land-bridge to the apocalyptic cove. Tito swore that some salt workers in a passing truck owed him money, but otherwise everyone behaved themselves.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!