Thursday, May 26, 2011

26.05.11

morning run:
Bette
Gracie
Osita
Godzilla
Posey
Frankie
Molly
Floyd
(8)

Started out great, ended not so well. Everyone was good and hanging together well as we left, and we made good time over the first couple of kilometers, so I decided to do the hidden trail. We made it to the Au Soleil Couchant three-way intersection with plenty of water left when I noticed that Frankie was sort of sneaking down the road towards the beach; what I wanted to do was go the other way into the monte. As I was trying to deal with Frankie, I heard trucks coming west towards us from the direction I wanted go, so I laid hands on Molly and pulled us all over to the side of the road to let them pass. At this point I'm pretty sure Frankie was already pulling one of her I'm-not-going routines, but the trucks sealed it and she ran off ahead of them to the beach, effectively screwing me. The rest of us were fine, not tired, and it would've been a fun run to the hidden trail, but Frankie decided otherwise, so we ran down to the beach, the tortuga sign and home in the monte... ~5k. This is the second time that Frankie has done this recently; she can no longer come on runs like this, it isn't fair to everyone else.

beach run:
George
Daisy
Mo
Una
Twiggy
Xmul
(6)

Past the tortuga sign a bit and back on the beach: ~2k. The pups adore George and he's always in his glory on these little jaunts. Xmul is slowly starting to listen better, it's just that she can never pass up a snack. Not ever. Even if the "snack" is a bit of nasty dead fish on the beach that some fishermen cast aside. Still, she ran and swam enthusiastically and came back into the yard all by herself. Daisy also came back in by herself, before anyone else, for which I give her today's Good Girl of the Run award. Mo also came in under her own steam, so I only had to trick/wrangle Twigs and Una in the end, and they were just playing around. The water is beautiful and full of fish.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!