Friday, May 6, 2011

06.05.11

morning run:
Bette
Gracie
Eve
Ziggy
Elewah
Monkey
Stella
Floyd
(8)

Hidden trail via the trails north of the tortuga road, back into the monte at the tortuga sign and home via the coco trail: ~7k. Ziggy ran ahead too far for my taste on the beach, but in the end he did turn himself around and run back to me to my satisfaction. The sea was rough again, which made Floyd happy; his girlfriend Stella also likes swimming when it's rough, which I didn't realize before. Ziggy and Monkey also swam plenty. At the very end I threw Stella on the leash with Floyd, and Elewah gave me her usual see-you-in-5 routine as we headed down our trail, but this time she was at the gate only a few seconds after us, smelling like death; she must've hauled ass to go roll in something and make it to the gate that soon.
GRADE: A

beach run/swim:
Lucy
George
Maggie
Daisy
Mo
Una
Twiggy
Xmul
(8)

A little disorganized at first as Lucy was more interested in rolling in garbage than running and drug a couple pups along with her; she straightened herself out by the time the rest of us hit the palapa, albeit with a little encouragement from me. Xmul is her acolyte, and studies everything Lucy does intently. The rough seas did not deter the black pups from swimming a lot, and Daisy also launched herself into the surf to come get me once. Lucy, of course, was in her glory and thought the waves at the shore were fun. Mags had a blast and was so good I never had to call her name. George is worshiped by all little dogs, who want to grow up to be cool like him, and that's just fine with George.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!