Tuesday, February 12, 2013

12.02.13

morning run:
Ginger
Gracie
Posey
Frijolita
Chester
Archie
Gowron
Elewah
(8)

Southern charcos: ~8k. This was the first time I didn't leave with someone on the leash in forever; I didn't use the leash once the whole run. We went out south this time across the land bridge and into the monte the usual way, took the palapa road all the way north and cut in towards the swimming hole from the Au Soleil Couchant road and came home via the cut-over and the dirty road. We took the southern turn towards the swimming hole because I saw a moto coming up behind us and I wanted to turn away from their most likely path. They saw me and even stopped and waited for me to wrangle the dogs; this was mainly Elewah, who still has a bit of mischief in her and likes chasing motos. She was thinking about it but because the driver worked with me and waited, I got her moving in the right direction and kept her from chasing him verbally as he pulled away; this was her first run since surgery and she was really fired up so I was especially glad that she listened that well. We also ran into Mudo in his truck with a couple of his dogs right at the intersection on the way home; there was some friendly barking but he kept heading south and I kept moving west and everyone sorted themselves out quickly. Very nice run.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!