Wednesday, February 20, 2013

20.02.13

morning run:
Osita*
Daisy
Amber
Mega
Lex
Zoot
Petey
Hazel
(8)

Hidden trail: ~8k. Osita bailed on me right as we turned off of the coco trail on the way out. She was already starting to act like she didn't want to go at the shrimpery but I put her on the leash and tried to coax her a little way - no doing, she just doesn't want to run with me. I don't understand why. She was up for going when we left. Something must've happened on a run recently that made her skittish about going and I didn't notice. This is upsetting but I don't know what to do about it; she'll just have to go on walks for a while instead. I saw her turn to head back and knew she would just go home so I carried on with the other seven, all of whom were good. I had Hazel and Amber on the leash on the beach because there was a jogger coming towards us from the south; Mega barked a little at him as we passed but everyone else was good. I left those two that way for the rest of the run and there were no problems... EXCEPT: someone stole seven of our concrete beams from the shrimpery that were still waiting to be planted for fence-posts. It happened while I was on the run. Roni heard some shenanigans and loud noises then all the way up here. Very upsetting.
GRADE: A

morning walk #1:
Shirley
Bosha
Twiggy
Luna
MoMo
(5)

M&Z took these out for a walk in the monte. I was out on my bike looking for our vigas in case someone had just carried them off. I ran across M&Z and the dogs as they were coming home. The dogs were okay but the black sisters like to run up to the road at the shrimpery intersection; I went up on my bike and chased Luna back down towards everyone else. Otherwise everyone seemed okay.

morning walk #2:
Frankie
April
Tito
Stella
Linda
(5)

M&Z took these out for a second walk with April and Stella on the leash. On the way home the leashes got tangled up and Stella slipped hers somehow; she ran up to the road near the soldiers where I just happened to be, talking to same about the stolen vigas. Zoe appeared in a few seconds looking for Stella and got her hooked back up while I was still there. No harm no foul but yet another reminder that Stella really needs to be on the leash, especially close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!