Tuesday, November 26, 2013

26.11.13

morning run:
Osita
Reggie
Tuesday
Molly
Daisy
Luna
Mega
Petey
Steve McQueen
(9)

Southern charcos: ~8k. This was a fast group. We left via the land "bridge" and came back via its equally-inundated cousin to the north. Tuesday was really up for it and the pace stayed high throughout; we left with her on the leash but I let her off for a long stretch from just east of the terreno federal road until the bag end crossing. I only put her back on because we were being barked at by an unseen dog in the monte; it sounded like it was in the direction of the swimming hole and everyone took off down the bag end crossing as we got there. They stopped for me about halfway across when I yelled for them and I put Tuesday back on the hook when I caught up to her; she was leading the charge so that helped get everyone back together. I had been planning on going to the swimming hole but instead we cut back south-west on what would normally be the road but which is currently under two feet of water in places. It was a hard slog and I think it helped tire a few of them out... even with four legs instead of two, sliding your way across 100m of that slippery mud in deep water is difficult. We saw one person working in the salt to the south and everyone was perfect; we were already past him before he even saw us. Everyone really had a good time in the soggy monte and the bugs were remarkably bearable.
GRADE: A


No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!