Thursday, November 28, 2013

28.11.13

morning run:
Gracie
Blue
Gowron
Elewah
Lily
Lex
Hazel
Tori
Murci
(9)

Southern charcos (backwards): ~8k. I thought we might head north for a change but as we got past the swimming hole I reconsidered; we hadn't gone all the way to the Au Soleil Couchant road in a while so we hauled ass north, then east, then south down the palapa road. This was an even higher-energy group than the last one; we left with Murci on the leash and she was absolutely raring to go - I could not get any slack into the leash except when we were fording deep waters. I let her off before the swimming hole and she was great thereafter - she and Hazel stick to each other the whole way. We ran into a person early on the dirty road; the fellow who tends the garden on the dead goat trail was looking for some dead wood to chop up and Lily was an ass and barked at him. He took no offense and commented on how cute they are (and they were) but I was not happy with Lily. She continued to annoy me by not listening to the point where I put her on the leash on the palapa road, and left her on the whole way home. As we were heading towards the 5-way intersection near the southernmost charcos three dogs I've never seen before bolted off south towards the coconut plantation; they appeared to be over a year old and at least one of them was male. Tori, Elewah and Hazel took off after them and gave chase for ~100m; I was glad I had Lily on the leash by then because from what I'd seen earlier I'm sure she would've been all over that. As it was there was no barking or any sign of hostilities and the three that had chased came back. I wish I had brought a second leash because Tori needs to spend some time on it; her on the other end of Lily didn't sound like too much fun so I just reigned everyone in verbally and we took the serpentine home instead of the normal way, to give those dogs a wide berth. I put Murci on the other end with Lily before we got to the dirty road on the way home and they were a handful the whole way home. It was fast and fun but sometimes annoying; at least the conditions were pleasant: cool, a little blustery and overcast. Nice change from the surface of the sun.
GRADE: B

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!