Thursday, March 6, 2014

06.03.14

morning run:
Gracie
Truman
Frankie
MoMo
Xmul
Daisy
Hazel
Tori
Murci
(9)

Southern charcos: ~8k. It rained early this morning but petered out quickly; the clouds and cool remained so at least it was nice weather for a run. I stoved a toe on my right foot on the gate on the way out; this was compounded by every single one of them running over my foot as we left - it's almost a part of the protocol at this point. This was nowhere near as bad as the last time I did something like this; I seem to feel the need to smash the crap out of a toe every year or so... Otherwise this was a nice run. I had Xmul off the leash more than I usually do; she seems a lot mellower on this visit than she has in the past, and we're both a little concerned. It could be that she's just getting over her crazed youth and settling in to being a good girl but it does seem strange; usually she pulls so hard and jacks the pace up so high that I don't take her with any dogs that can't really run hard but today she was fine on and off the leash, didn't pull at all and was suspiciously obedient. We hit the swimming hole on the way out and ran south to come home. I had Frankie, Hazel and Murci on the leash at various points to keep us together one way or another. I had Xmul and Hazel on either end of the leash by the time we got to the land bridge coming home and that worked out well. We ran across one group of salt workers and two dudes on a moto and everyone was perfect; Murci is over her fear of people and vehicles now and wasn't even on the leash when we encountered the moto.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!