Saturday, April 27, 2013

27.04.13

morning run:
Posey
Eve
Godzilla
Chester
Daisy
Luna
Xmul
Amber
(8)

Long and winding road backwards: ~10k. I dislocated the smallest toe on my right foot straight out of the gate - in fact I caught it on the damned gate and bent it in an unnatural direction. I thought about it for a hot second, did my best zen field medic routine and set it standing ~10m from the gate; Xmul was on the leash and was good about it. It looked okay to me so I decided to keep going and turn back if it was obvious that I couldn't make it. A couple of kilometers deadened it a bit and the fact is I was thinking I would take this group 10k before we left. They all had a good time and behaved themselves. I let Xmul off the leash twice for perhaps 1km each time but I always had her on the leash whenever we were getting near the zones where there are a lot of workers. We ran into vehicles several times and everyone did well. On the way back instead of going all the way east via that dangerous rocky crossing I thought we'd try the odd little road that runs south-east instead; it turns out not to be very easy to cross the large charcos between there and the main road but it is shallow so we just found a narrow point and crossed. Amber was an angel and off the leash the whole way. It was beautiful and deserted far to the north - eerily silent.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!