Monday, July 7, 2014

07.07.14

morning run:
Gracie
Osita
Rita
Tuesday
Gowron
Daisy
Luna
Twiggy
Mega
(9)

To the beach at Au Soleil Couchant via the swimming hole: ~6k. Mega threw himself into the launchpad early as we were getting ready so I was happy to take him - he was good the whole way. I didn't want to be gone too long so instead of the hidden trail I decided to head directly to the beach once we were past the swimming hole. The ocean was pleasant and calm and we all had a good time horsing around but about halfway between Au Soleil Couchant and the tortuga sign my right foot got whacked by something on the bottom. It could've been a baby stingray; it hurt like hell and left a small wound. I spent the rest of the way trying to parse the monte on the run looking for some day flower. Roni and I had read about it on Jim Conrad's excellent pages on Yucatecan plants: if you crush up some of the leaves and stems you get a pulp that helps with wounds. Sadly it took me all the way to the blue bag trail to finally find some but I can report that it does work; I quickly chewed some up and held it against the wound and it stopped bleeding and helped with the pain a little bit for the remaining ~1km. I'll have to start noting where it grows along the trails we run on. Other than that bit of wilderness medicine it was an uneventful run. Tuesday was good on the leash the whole way and everyone had a good time.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!