Tuesday, July 15, 2014

15.07.14

morning walk #1:
Alice
Ginger
Bette
George
Archie
Shirley
Frankie
Molly
Ziggy
Stella
(10)

I took this crew out for a walk to the tortuga crossroads via the ridge and the cut-over. They were perfect until we were south of the wooden shack coming home via the blue bag trail. Angel's dog barked at us from across the charco and Bette must've slipped off to investigate without my noticing; I didn't realize she was missing until we were at the dead goat intersection, when I started calling for her. Stella chose this moment to slip her collar and bolt for home - I didn't bother going after her even though I was plenty pissed, since I knew where she was going. Bette finally trailed beack belatedly from Angel's direction; I put her on the leash and left her there for the rest of the way home. I should've had Molly on the leash close to home as well and she reminded me of this by barking at a dude on a bike near the shrimpery; she stopped when I told her to but I will make sure to have her under control close to home. All in all it was a nice walk but the misbehavior was irritating. The bugs were awful in spots and worse as it got later.
GRADE: B

morning walk #2:
Zasu
Miles
Henry
Tito
Otto
Blue
Monkey
Linda
Amber
Zoot
(10)

Roni took this group for a walk down to the land bridge. The bugs were terrible by the time she left and Miles' dawdling is infuriating when you're getting the crap bitten out of you. Even so everyone behaved themselves and had a good time running around in the monte.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!